When? May 25, 2012
What for? A casual Friday and participation in the Frills for Thrills copycat series on the last Friday of each month. The idea is to “find inspiration in the way another person styled an outfit” and then post your own version. I couldn’t resist this cardigan on a recent trip to Target — such a sophisticated, classic way to do colorblocking. And I liked how Emma Roberts kept the look simple and let the cardigan take the spotlight. I also tried out my own version of her tousled waves, using a large-barreled curling iron and alternating the direction of the waves. Sam said I looked very ’70s, one of his highest compliments.
And, of course, continuing our series on funny fashion blogger quirks: this time it’s “The Tilt” pose from this site. My best attempt is above, but ouch, that hurts! Haven’t pulled a version of that out too often, as you can see below. And Sam also managed to catch me (accidentally) doing “The Flamingo” pose again (see above), while I was wiping water droplets off one of my shoes. Sneaky devil.
- Skinny jeans: Target
- T-shirt: Nordstrom Rack (on sale)
- Flats: Payless
- Cardigan: Target (new)
- Prescription sunglasses: Nine West, bought at eye doctor’s office (2008)
- Colorblock like Pippa (workchic.com)
- Pastel Colorblock (sydnestyle.com)
- Try It This Weekend: Colorblocking (news.instyle.com)
- J. Crew Featherweight Colorblock Cardigan (stylebakery.com)
- Learn This Cool Colorblock Manicure (bellasugar.com)
- An Outfit You Can Actually Wear: Masterful Colorblocking (beso.com)
- Colorblocking (stephaniemeganfashion.wordpress.com)