When? May 27, 2012
What for? A break from my to-do list for a walk around our neighborhood. This outfit came together after reading the “10 Ways to Wear a Chambray Shirt” posts on the With an I.E. blog. I also tried a little pattern-mixing, keeping the patterns small (polka dots and vines) and in the same color scheme (black and white).
Continuing in our series of quirky fashion blogger poses: “The Best Foot Forward” pose from this site (the 1st and 4th shots above). It’s no “cross your legs and contemplate your shoes” pose, but it’ll do in a pinch.
- Jeans: Gap, curvy style
- Ribbon belt: Thrifted, local shop (new)
- T-shirt: Nordstrom Rack (newish, shopping trip in January with a friend)
- Rain jacket hoodie: LOFT, bought in Washington DC at a library conference (2010)
- Flats: DKNY at Macy’s (on sale, Summer 2011)
- Silver pendant and earrings: Lia Sophia, gift from Sam (2006?)
- Chambray Challenge: 10 Ways to Wear a Chambray Shirt (alihenrie.blogspot.com/)
- Small pops of color (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Cloudy with a chance of brooding (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- WTAPS 2012 Spring/Summer Ernest Dot Chambray Shirt (hypebeast.com)
- Is Nordstrom Rack Your New Favorite Thrift Store? (shefinds.com)