When? May 29, 2012
What for? Work, a day spent helping a lot of people dealing with upcoming finals. I went for a softer look today, kind of tonal with the chambray shirt and grey skirt, but with those pops of bright pink and purple in the belt, tank, and flats. I also went softer with the hair, curling it in different directions with a big barrel curling iron.
And how great is that necklace?! My paternal grandmother made that way back when. I was quite young when she passed away, and I inherited a lot of her jewelry, most of which she made herself. It was fun to go back through all her jewelry this past weekend — Sam heard a lot of, “Wow!” and “Isn’t this fantastic?!” With this necklace, I remarked on “how very Portland” it is, with all the little fishes and birds. So I am eager to wear a lot of her pieces that I’ve never worn before.
The funny blogger pose today is “The Monroe” from this site. This pose felt a little weird and artificial to me; obviously, I prefer twirling.
- Chambray shirt: Target
- Grey skirt: Marks & Spencer, UAE (2008)
- Flats: Payless
- Tank top: Target
- Belt: Kohl’s (new, gift card)
- Multi-strand necklace: Self-made by my paternal grandmother
- Grey floral (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Urban safari (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Styled Necklace DIY (momoftwosalums.wordpress.com)
- Completing the Outfit: Necklace (weddingbee.com)