Today’s outfit inspiration comes from the Bloggers Do It Better style challenge of mixing mint and coral, a very trendy color combo. Perfect for the official start of summer! I decided to try out the trend in small doses, starting with a soft mint on my fingernails.
When? June 20, 2012
What for? A morning of checking off more items on our to-do list. I rooted through my jewelry for coral and minty pieces, focusing the color combo up top. My paternal grandma’s coral necklace got another outing this week, and I mixed up the look by twisting it around a heavier silver chain. I also brought out a delicate flower pendant with a jade leaf, a mint-colored ring and delicate earrings, and I finished everything off with a corally head scarf and lipstick. I wanted the rest of my outfit to be very simple and neutral, keeping the focus on my accessories and bright fingernails. And yay! I rediscovered these trousers while switching out my closet. They’re quite lightweight, so they’ll be perfect for work during the summer.
And for more mint + coral inspiration, please check out the other Bloggers Do It Better entries here.
- Trousers: Woolworth’s, UAE (2008)
- Long-sleeved t-shirt: Nordstrom Rack
- Flats: K-Mart, years and years ago
- Coral necklace: My paternal grandmother
- Vintage wicker purse: Chicago art fair (2007)
- Scarf: Belt from another dress, H&M, UAE (2011)
- Ring, earrings, and chain necklace: My mom
- Nail polish: Revlon Top Speed nail polish in Jaded
- Black and white and red all over (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- How to Pull Off Coral Lipstick For Daytime (bellasugar.com)
- How To Wear Cool Summer Colors (uloop.com)
- Fashion trend: Mint Green (keepinupwithang.wordpress.com)
- Mint & Coral (lemongrassandsass.wordpress.com)
- colored jeans week: mint (gennyalexander.typepad.com)
- Coral Crush (atouchoflovely.wordpress.com)