When? June 22, 2012
What for? Happy hour with a couple of girlfriends at The Secret Society Lounge. It’s gotten colder and rainy again here in Portland, so that explains the layers, scarf, and rain jacket in late June. I picked up the scarf at the Old Souq in Kuwait City, Kuwait, during a library conference a few years ago. The color palette seemed to fit the drizzly day, and the metallic sheen added a bit of something special to an otherwise basic outfit.
The hair is a variation of this style, and really easy to do with wet hair — just 3 pigtail braids twisted around and pinned.
- Grey cardigan: Nordstrom Rack
- White sleeveless sweater: Kmart or Walmart
- Jeans: Gap, curvy style
- Scarf: Old Souq, Kuwait (2009)
- Flats: DKNY via Macy’s
- Rain hoodie (in my hands): LOFT, bought at another library conference in Washington DC (2010)
- Small pops of color (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- The 10 Denim Essentials You Shouldn’t Be Without This Summer (fabsugar.com)
- Hitting them all (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)