When? June 28, 2012
What for? Back to work! And summer term is going to be busy. This outfit was inspired by this one on the In Honor of Design blog. Gingham and stripes? Oh, yes. (And instead of bright yellow, I went with green on my nails and feet.)
And I love that with the red tote bag, it’s a nod to red-white-and-blue patriotism without being over-the-top about it. For me, this is a perfect summer casual look for work. The silhouette, trousers, and button-down shirt all say professional, while the cotton top, mix of patterns, and striped espadrilles provide a fun, casual edge. Win-win!
And a bonus shot of my new wedges. Because they’re pretty.
- Trousers: The Limited (fall 2011)
- Gingham shirt: Old Navy (gift card)
- Striped top: H&M (winter 2012)
- Wedges: Old Navy (new! gift card)
- Tote bag: Target? Kmart? (2008)
- White shell earrings: Beaded by my paternal grandma
- Hitting them all (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Gingham Pants Because WHY NOT? (brokeandbeautiful.com)
- Look of the Day: Nautical Layers (fabsugar.com)