When? June 29, 2012
What for? A casual Friday — another busy one! — and another inspiration outfit, this time from this look on Pinterest (also see below).This felt like a perfect casual Friday look, with its simple, classic lines. Very Americana, no? And so appropriate as we gear up for Independence Day! And it gives me an extra excuse to wear more stripes! I could have worn my denim skirt to copy the look even more (see my denim skirt in action here and here), but slipping on skinny jeans was easier this morning than shaving my legs. TMI? Every morning starts with the question, “Are my legs shaved?” Y’all know what I’m talking about.
- Skinny jeans: Target
- Safari jacket: Saks Off Fifth in Texas (on sale, 2009)
- Tank top: Gap (new, gift card)
- Belt: My husband’s
- Wedges: Payless (gift card)
- Long gold necklace: My mom’s, from the UAE
- Gold hoop earrings: Visitor’s booth exhibit, Minnesota Visitor’s Center years ago
- Polka-dotted scarf:
My mom’s?I’ve had this scarf my entire life — I used to wrap it around my dolls as a kid.
- Wardrobe Staple – The Denim Skirt (fabsugar.com)
- Denim pencil skirt for a casual office (workchic.com)
- Colorblocking on full tilt (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)