When? July 9, 2012
What for? A busy Monday at the library, a day of reference desk duty, online classes, and training workshops. Today, a couple of co-workers remarked that I look “international.” And they’re right — almost all of this outfit comes from our travels overseas! I wore almost this exact outfit more than a few times living in the UAE, as it’s light, breathable, and what I like to call “comfy chic.” And that’s pretty much my style, wrapped up in a bon mot.
The hair is in a twisted style, kind of like a French braid but using only two strands twisted around. You can see another shot of it here, plus links to the online tutorial I followed.
- Trousers: Woolsworths, UAE (2009)
- Cotton tunic: Lulu’s, UAE (2010) — you can spot this tunic being used as a beach cover-up in this post
- Sparkly sandals: Boutique shop, Amsterdam (2010)
- Bamboo hoop earrings: InPink (gift card, contest winner)
- Swingy skirts and stripes (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- UAE social campaign seeks crackdown on immodest dress (timesleader.com)
- Remixing with interest (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)