Another “Inspiration Monday” style challenge from the two birds blog and boutique. This go around, the lovely Marion Cotillard serves up some French style inspiration.
Date? July 15, 2012
What for? I wore a casual version of Marion Cotillard’s party dress to our local farmer’s market. It was also quite chilly and drizzly yesterday morning, so I added a cardigan, shorts, and flats. I’ve worn this polka-dotted dress a few different ways (see here and here), and this time, I turned the dress into a top by rolling it up a bit and securing it with a wide belt to change up the look. As you can see in the top pic, there’s a second layer of ruffles on the shoulders of this dress, which I don’t like because it feels too frilly and adds more emphasis to my shoulders. I really should just take the time and take off that second ruffle, but in the meantime, I prefer to layer something over this cute print dress. Laziness wins again.
How do you feel about using dresses as tunics and layered over shorts or pants?
- Long shorts: Dockers via Kohls, years ago
- Ruffled dress: H&M, bought in Abu Dhabi, 2011
- Cardigan: Gap, years ago
- Flats: Kmart, years and years and years ago
- Wide belt: Kohls, 2009?
- Pearl drop earrings: Bridesmaid gift years ago
- Love It or Hate It? Marion Cotillard’s Sleek Pompadour (bellasugar.com)
- Jennifer Lawrence & Marion Cotillard: Dior Darlings! (justjared.com)
- [TheGloss] Marion Cotillard Has Officially Arrived As Proven By Gracing The Cover Of 3 Magazines In August (thegloss.com)
- Celebrity Style: Marion Cotillard (fabsugar.com)