The Olympics start this weekend! If you’re a reader of my personal blog, Librarian for Life, you know I ♥ the Olympics. So I will be a homebody more than usual for the next few weeks. I will cheer for Team USA as well as for athletes from countries I’ve never been to. I will indulge my not-so-secret guilty pleasure of watching sports like synchronized swimming and water polo and gymnastics (both rhythmic and artistic). I will tear up when Bob Costas does those in-depth athlete interviews. I will root for the underdog.
And I will be thinking about how to show my Olympic spirit. To that end, I put together a Polyvore inspiration board with ideas for Olympic-inspired accessories.
One way is to go bold by mirroring the colors of the Olympic rings (blue, yellow, black, green, and red). I particularly love this Olympic-inspired nail polish!
One of my favorite pairs of earrings follows this bold route and Olympic-inspired theme.
I also love the idea of going subtle by mixing gold, silver, and bronze with accessories or nail polish. Rooting through my own jewelry box, I put together bangles of different metals for a multi-dimensional, mixed-metal look.
Do you love the Olympics, too? How do you plan on showing your Olympic spirit?
- God Bless Bob Costas (theatlantic.com)
- Olympic Rings Necklace Tutorial – Creating for the Games (beadinggem.com)
- Olympics A-Z: No 34 water polo (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- If This Doesn’t Make You Want To Watch Rhythmic Gymnastics At The Olympics You’re Crazy (businessinsider.com)
- Blog Debate: Should Team USA have new uniforms made for the 2012 Olympic Games? (purseblog.com)