Remember the inspiration board and post last week about what I’d wear on a dream European vacation (see right)? No vacation plans to Europe any time soon, but I was inspired to put together a version of my inspiration outfit to wear to work.
It’s the next best thing, right? Right?
When? July 23, 2012
What for? For a typically busy day at the library. And this oh-so-comfortable outfit was definitely up for the task. I think this is one of my favorite outfits EVER, which is the first of many such declarations, I’m sure. But for today, for right now, it’s true. And I can totally see this working for a vacation, too, as every piece (dress, tank top, shirt, belt, shoes) could layer with another piece, and the dress itself is perfect for a night out (click here for another post featuring this pink-and-white dress). These wedge sandals would also be great for travelling — a perfect height for both comfort and a little lift. ♥ The black-and-white striped tank top and grey chambray shirt round out my latest shopping trip to Old Navy. Such cute basics! I’m sure you’ll be seeing a lot more of them.
And the hair? I woke up with a center(ish) part, so I just flat-ironed the ends out a little bit. Finally, I’ve reached the stage where growing out my hair is fun!
- Dress: JCPenney, gift from my mom last year
- Chambray shirt: Old Navy (new!)
- Striped tank top: Old Navy (new!)
- Wedge sandals: Target (shopping details here)
- Skinny belt: Kohls (gift card, shopping details here)
- Hoop earrings: Kohls, a few years ago
- UAE social campaign seeks crackdown on immodest dress (timesleader.com)
- Stylish Yet Comfy Bebe Tank Top (fashionhunts.com)
- A softer side (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Euro dreamin’… (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- 5 Outfits Inspired by the Boys of Your Summer (collegefashion.net)