It’s the last Friday of the month, so it’s time for another CopyCats challenge! I was inspired by this recent “work casual” look from one of my favorite style bloggers, Laura from Laura Wears. So go check out more of her cool, elegant, tall-drink-of-water style.
It’s ok, I’ll wait.
When? July 26, 2012
What for? Work, work, work. I really liked Laura’s casual work look and how she dressed up a t-shirt with fun accessories like a chunky necklace and straw fedora. (Y’all know how I loooove a cool hat!) So I brought out my black skinnies and argyle print t-shirt, along with a chunky necklace and metallic strappy wedges. Going out the door this morning, I also swiped one of my husband’s many fedoras. ♥ At work, I added my grey cardigan (’cause it’s cold in the library).
I also brought out some Laura-like blogger poses. I should bring out those more often.
- Skinny jeans: Target
- Argyle t-shirt: American Apparel, gift from my mom a few years ago
- Necklace: Marks & Spencer, UAE, 2009 (came with a dress)
- Hat: My husband’s, bought at Zara, UAE
- Wedges: Payless, 2011
- Tote bag: Coldwater Creek, years ago at a birthday party gift exchange
- 5 Amazing Statement Necklaces You Need Now! (fabsugar.com)
- What’s Your Sunglasses Style? Watch Our Video for Inspiration! (fabsugar.com)
- Editors Top 5 Denim Trends (denimblog.com)
- Keepin it Casual (biscuitsandnavy.wordpress.com)
- Go the Extra Mile: How to Add Intrigue to Your Tee + Jeans Look in No Time Flat (fabsugar.com)