It’s Monday, so you know what that means! This week’s fun “Inspiration Monday” style challenge from the two birds blog and boutique comes by way of Ashlee Simpson.
Date? July 29, 2012
What for? My first reaction when I saw Ashlee Simpson’s look? “Leather shorts! Leather shorts! What… ?” Really articulate. But then I remembered that the whole point is to be inspired by an outfit or photo, not necessarily a literal interpretation. So I focused on pairing a looser white top (one of my husband’s Fruit of the Loom undershirts, in this instance) with an interesting pair of shorts. And then I realized what a perfect opportunity to try out a pair of shorts I picked up from Kohl’s last weekend. I got these geometric print cuties on sale (more than 50% off!), and this is as short a length as you’re likely to ever see me wear on this blog. Of course, then I had to go and make the mistake of leaning down for the first shots that Sam took, so there was a big series of creases when I stood back up. Ah well, such is life.
So there you have it, a casual outfit perfect for cheering on Team USA while watching the Olympics. I also got into the Olympic spirit with accessories, including a red-white-and-blue scarf tied around my ponytail (you can check out more pics of it here) and my new red rose ring. The pendant is an old American coin (1889 Lady Liberty coin, known as the “Morgan dollar”), and I also honored our Olympic host country by wrapping a choker necklace of British coins around my wrist.
- Patterned shorts: Kohls (new, on sale)
- Top: husband’s undershirt, Fruit of the Loom
- Flip flops: Payless, couple of years ago
- Coin necklace: My mom’s
- Coin necklace (worn as bracelet): My mom’s
- Red rose ring: Street fair a couple of weeks ago (see post here)
- Scarf: Had since childhood
- Samsung Galaxy S III Event: Ashlee Simpson in Alice + Olivia (candybarbie.com)
- Celeb Style: Ashlee Simpson (fabsugar.com)
- Steal Ashlee Simpson’s red hot leather shorts (stylebakery.com)
- Ashlee Simpson: Starbucks & Salon Stop (justjared.com)
- Ashlee Simpson’s Red Carpet Style: Sloppy or Edgy? (Jessica, Come Get Your Little Sister!) (styleblazer.com)