This week’s fun “Inspiration Monday” style challenge from the two birds blog and boutique came by way of Katie Holmes.
Date? August 6, 2012
What for? A lunch with a colleague during my week off from work. I don’t have a chambray or denim dress like Katie’s, but went for similar color tone with this heathered grey dress and denim jacket. I added some bright accessories with the orange scarf belt and and berry flats. And I didn’t even realize I matched the roses outside until I saw the pics! Color-matching is in my DNA, obviously. And thank goodness the temps have come back down to normal for an Oregon summer.
My (literal) twist on the ponytail is inspired by one of Gwen Stefani’s latest hair-dos. With freshly washed hair, I separated a bit in the front and twisted it toward the back. After securing the twist with a small clip, I then brushed the rest of my hair back in a tight ponytail. I then very carefully slid out the clip and sprayed a bit of hairspray to tame a few flyaways. A cool, easy twist on a typical ponytail!
- Dress: Gap (Chicago, 2007 trip)
- Denim jacket: Kohls, years ago
- Scarf belt: Came with H&M dress seen here, Abu Dhabi (2011)
- Flats: Payless (spring)
- Wicker purse: Vintage, art fair in Chicago (2007)
- Earrings: Birthday gift from friend, art fair in Madison, WI (2007?)
- Inspiration Monday: Ashlee Simpson (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Is Katie Holmes Shacking Up With J.Crew? (refinery29.com)
- Here Comes the Sun – on Katie Holmes’s Dress (fabsugar.com)
- Celebs Love Their Denim Jackets – Get Yours Now! (denimblog.com)
- Katie Holmes: Saturday Errands! (justjared.com)
- Katie Holmes in a Madewell Songbird Dress (denimblog.com)