Today I’m participating in The Tiny Heart’s “What to Wear?” link up, and this month’s event/occasion challenge was to put together an outfit for a summer concert. And last night, I went to hear a couple of musical friends play at a show — not a concert setting, but I was still inspired to wear a version of my summer concert outfit.
First up is my Polyvore inspiration board:
The idea was putting together an outfit for a summer concert up here in the Pacific Northwest, like the public concerts at the Zoo, Rose Garden, or various public parks around the city. It tends to get chilly at night, which explains the light jacket, and the cropped jeans are also practical for lounging on the ground. I added extra pattern (stripes and geometric shapes) and color (primarily yellow) with accessories. And how cute and practical are those sandals?! Too bad it’s nearing the end of summer…
And now for what I actually wore:
When? August 8, 2012
What for? A show featuring a couple of musician friends. I wanted casual, comfy, and not too dressed up for a (cooler summer) night out in Portland. Mission accomplished.
I went more monochromatic in real life, but the jacket is actually more green in real life, providing more visual contrast. The setting sun in these pics bleached a lot of the color out — sorry about that! chalk it up to live-and-learn — but for a more true-to-life color of this versatile jacket, click here. But I did add extra pattern (stripes and polka dots) and color (a corally red) with accessories.
What have you worn to a summer concert? Are the dog days of summer getting to you? Please leave a comment and let me know.
- Skinnies: Target (this past winter, cost-per-wear must be in the pennies by now)
- Striped tank: Old Navy (new)
- Wedge sandals: Target (this past spring, again lots of wear on these babies already)
- Jacket: Mexx, UAE (2008, one of my first purchases when moving to the UAE)
- Scarf: Kohls (shopping trip details here)
- Coral stripey earrings: Made by my paternal grandma
- Coral necklace (worn as bracelet): Made by my paternal grandma
- BBQ and work don’t mix. Or do they? (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- What to Wear to a Concert – 5 Perfect Looks to Rock Out in Style (fabsugar.com)
- Code Red: 10 Ways to Pull Off Bold Bottoms Just About Anywhere This Summer (fabsugar.com)
- August’s must-have for women: The aviator jacket (debenhams.com)
- 7 Days, 7 Ways: How Celebs Style Up Their Skinny Jeans (fabsugar.com)