This post was inspired by Thrifted Shift’s “Style Imitating Art” challenge. The artistic inspiration? This Georgia O’Keefe painting, “From the Plains II,” which has a bold color palette of orange and red. And I had some fun with this one. As I’m off work this week, I came up with a casual outfit quite quickly… and then I thought, why not come up with a work version, too?
First up, the gorgeous inspiration painting:
Next up is my casual version (which I’m wearing right now as I put together this post):
And finally for the more professional version (which I plan on wearing to work next week):
When? August 10, 2012
What for? See above. And it’s so fitting, too, that I wore gingham for a second day in a row after yesterday’s gingham challenge! And just by changing out a few things — accessories and the bottom halves — you can change up the entire look. And of course, tying the shirt made the look more casual, while tucking it in is more work-appropriate. And bonus! I saved some time prepping an outfit for next week at work.
Have a great weekend!
- Gingham camp shirt: Old Navy (shopping details here)
- Cardigan: Target (new)
- Long shorts: Dockers via Kohls, ages ago
- Trousers: The Limited, last year
- Flats: Kmart, ages ago
- Brown wedge espadrilles: Banana Republic, ages ago (see this post for the other colors I have in this style)
- Stripes and gingham and layers, oh my! (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Colorblocking orange + teal (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Look of the Day: Gingham Girl (fabsugar.com)
- Sharing the gingham love (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Go Bold With Our Latest Color Combo Crush – Orange and Blue (fabsugar.com)
- Color Palettes & Inspiration (goldenpalacefresno.wordpress.com)