I’m a librarian who doesn’t like to pack. Unpacking? Yes, love it! Packing? Blegh. But maybe it will be more fun this time as I’ll be documenting it for the blog. Also, I took a cue from Erin @ Loop Looks for tips on organizing this packing post, so here goes:
The heat goes on…
… and will continue in Texas, where we’ll be visiting family. Extreme heat, but also extreme air conditioning. I’m focusing on cotton, comfy sandals, and layers. We are also only traveling with carry-on suitcases, so I’m packing light. Yay! Less packing. This is a good plan already.
On the go
For my traveling attire, I chose skinny jeans because they’re so comfortable, plus I can roll them up or down depending on the temperature on the plane or airport. Sam had the idea of taking my new Old Navy cargo vest (the very last one in the store, which I got for free due to a gift card!) because of the pockets — and I realized how versatile this piece could be for layering and a/c. It also set the tone for my traveling color palette: olive and shades of blue.
Dresses in summer are so easy. Slip one on, and you’re done! Also, I can use the fabric belt that comes with the olive green H&M dress with the other pieces — or as a headband. Also, it’s easy to dress these up (tee hee, see what I did there?!) in case we go anywhere a bit fancier.
Bottoms and tops
A pair of long shorts in light brown, a couple of tank tops, and a chambray shirt in a very thin cotton weave.
My vacation wardrobe, then, consists mainly of twos: two tank tops, two shirts, two bottoms, and two dresses. And a partridge and a pear tree? No, wait…
One pair of sandals. Shocker, right, for a shoe lover like me? But when I travel, I don’t like to have to think too much about my wardrobe. Also, it’s such a pain to pack shoes, as they can feel so heavy in your suitcase. These sandals are really comfortable and go with everything. Plus, my bronze nail polish looks nice against the gold bar. The bag I’m taking with the crossover strap is actually a camera bag that I picked up ages ago for an overseas trip. It’s durable and surprisingly neutral. And of course, one swimsuit, and I can use either dress as a cover-up.
And everything rolls up all nice and neat in my carry-on suitcase. With room to spare! I have to admit, packing this time was more fun!
Now for a look at what’s coming your way while I’m gone:
- Starting Monday the 20th, I’ve got guest bloggers scheduled for every other day, 7 in total. Thank you to all the wonderful guest bloggers!
- Also, on Wednesday the 22nd, I’ll be featured on another style blog. Woo-hoo!
- I’ll be back after Labor Day for a vacation wrap-up. Happy Labor Day in advance!
- 6 Easy & Chic Summer Vacation Outfits (theglitterguide.com)
- One Editor, Four Weeks of Travel, and Only One Carry-On – How to (Really) Pack Light (fabsugar.com)
- How to Pack Your Carry-On Like an Expert! (fabsugar.com)
- Top 6 Travel Packing Tips (mariamtys.wordpress.com)
- Summer Suitcase: Tips for Packing Lightly (apartmenttherapy.com)