Hi y’all, and Happy Labor Day to my fellow Americans! I’m back, and first off, a huge thank you to guest bloggers Erin @ Loop Looks, Fran @ Franishh, Jenny @ Crazy Style Love, Carrie @ Petal by Petal, Whitney @ Along the Lines of Style, Dawn @ Suitcase Vignettes, and Kacie @ Kacie’s Kloset. I hope y’all found some new favorites.
And it seems fitting that after time off visiting family back in Texas, that we also take a little flashback to the ’80s with this week’s “Inspiration Monday” style challenge from the two birds blog and boutique, by way of Jessica Hart (and the band Heart? ) ♥ And bonus! I get to combine it with Week 10 of CopyCats Friday.
Date? Sept. 2, 2012
What for? A break to enjoy the late Oregon summer and a visit to one of our favorite local coffeehouses, TwentySix Café. As I’m still off work for a couple of weeks, this casual inspiration look was right on target. There is no way I’m wearing boots right now, due to the glorious weather, but I stuck with the monochromatic inspiration look with new sparkly black sandals (thanks, Mom!), black skinnies, and a black concert tee (for The Killers, who played in Abu Dhabi in late 2009 — seriously awesome concert, involving a memorable entrance by lead singer Brandon Flowers in a military-style jacket with feathered epaulets).
I paid a little homage to the ’80s by trying my
best quickest “big hair” with a little blow-drying and volumizing hairspray, and I also slipped in some dangly, corkscrew earrings, paired with new black studs (birthday gift, thanks to my mother-in-law).
I’ll be back soon with candids from our trip!
- Black skinny jeans: Target (spring)
- The Killers concert t-shirt: Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi (2009)
- Black sandals: Payless (new, extended birthday gift from my mom)
- Dangly earrings: Kohls, a few years ago
- Black studs: Birthday gift from my mother-in-law
- Inspiration Monday: Katie Holmes (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Inspiration Monday: Jessica Biel (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Inspiration Monday: Eva Mendes (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Look of the Day: Denim on Denim (fabsugar.com)