When? September 9, 2012
What for? I wore this outfit this past Sunday to a JASNA regional meeting. The weather’s turned a little cooler lately, hence the scarf and long sleeves. The purple-ness of this top — which I’ve had for ages — comes out more mulberry in these photos, but it kind of suits the still-technically-summer-not-yet-fall kind of feel in the air. I got ready in 15 minutes, so don’t look too closely at those skirt creases.
For my hair, I tried another twist on one side of my usual side part, like in this post. So easy to do with wet hair. It’s funny how with braids and twisting, I kind of have to not think about it and let my hands do their thing. If I think about it too much, I get all mixed up with which bit of hair goes where. Does that happen to you too?
- Maxi skirt: Marks & Spencer (UAE, 2009)
- Purple top: Kmart? (ages ago)
- Sandals: Target (summer)
- Scarf: Gift from friend (Bali, 2011)
- Hoop earrings: Birthday gift from in-laws (new!)
- Vintage statement pieces (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- One Simple Maxi Skirt, Transformed Seven Fabulous Ways (fabsugar.com)
- What to Wear Over 40- The Maxi Dress, Perfect for Casual Outings like Shopping or a BB-Q (fabulousafter40.com)