Date? Sept. 15, 2012
What for? I shouted with glee at this week’s “Inspiration Monday” style challenge, as I looooove Eva Mendes’s style. Also, it was another opportunity to bring out one of my favorite dresses, this polka-dot print dress with vintage-y details like the front pleating and keyhole sleeves. I always feel so feminine and pretty wearing this dress (also seen here), in a simple, non-fussy way. If that makes sense. And although I don’t have cool teal sunglasses like the divine Miss Eva, I brought the color into my earrings.
And when I showed Sam the inspiration photo (before getting dressed myself), his reaction? “It’s like YOU were the inspiration photo.” ♥
- Dress: Bealls, birthday gift from grandmother-in-law, 2010?
- Espadrille wedges: Banana Republic, years ago
- Stretchy belt: Kohls, 2009?
- Wicker-and-bakelite purse: Vintage, Chicago art fair, 2007
- Bead earrings: Gift from a friend, Wisconsin, 2007?
- Diamond studs: My paternal grandmother’s
- Dotty for Polka Dots! (simplybeblog.co.uk)
- The Trends You Should Keep – and Stash – For the Season Ahead (fabsugar.com)
- Inspiration Monday: Jessica Biel (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Eva Mendes Zeroes in on Perfect Summer Style (fabsugar.com)