When? Sept. 16, 2012
What for? This post isn’t so much about the clothes, but rather the mood, I guess. Facing a week of prepping and library-work-related stuff (even though I don’t *officially* start until this Friday), I suggested to Sam a “last summer’s day” full of activities we wanted to do and just hadn’t gotten around to yet. As my mom likes to say, “It’s an adventure!” So off we went to play pool (something we are TERRIBLE at, but it’s so much fun!), window-shop and coffeeshop around the St. John’s area in North Portland, and stroll through the Peninsula Park Rose Garden (the oldest public rose garden in Portland!). We also took in an early-afternoon showing of the Wes Anderson film Moonrise Kingdom — which had a house in it called “Summer’s End” — so perfect!
And although we didn’t take the camera along to record our adventures, Sam still managed to snap a few fun pics with his iPod.
- “Jane Austen” dress: Boutique in Boerne, TX, a couple of years ago (also seen here)
- Black sandals: New from Payless, extended birthday gift from my mom (also seen here)
- Black-and-white sash (worn as headband): Came with tunic seen here
- Moonrise Kingdom, Directed by Wes Anderson (kitku.wordpress.com)
- Well Met by Moonrise Kingdom (anofs.wordpress.com)
- I want to live in Moonrise Kingdom (wearwhatyoulike.wordpress.com)
- Endless Summer (detailinthefabric.wordpress.com)
- The Sun Sets On Another Summer. (momredefined.com)
- A Summer Weekend (simplyomblog.wordpress.com)
- Last impressions from summer… (amatulhafeez.wordpress.com)