When? September 18, 2012
What for? An informal library meeting off campus, so I opted for a more casual look (not often I get to wear shorts while doing work stuff, yahoo!). I’ve been going back to this pic of Jessica Alba’s neutral layered look for quite awhile, as it’s such a subtle yet chic look. I finally decided to do my own version of it; however, there was no scarf, sweater, or closed-toe shoes — because it’s still 90 degrees outside! I like the layers of neutrals (which I’m been doing quite a lot of lately, hmm… ), so I will probably also do a cooler-weather version later on.
- Shorts: Dockers via Kohls, years ago
- Tan tank top: Target?
- White top: Nordstrom Rack, winter 2012
- Espadrille wedges: Banana Republic, ages ago
- Fedora: Stetson, Amsterdam hat shop, 2010 trip
- Necklace: My paternal grandmother’s
- Jessica Alba Style: How to Steal Her Look for Fall (stilettojungleblog.com)
- staying neutral… (blahblahbirds.wordpress.com)
- How Jessica Alba Outfits Completely Cool Fall Style (fabsugar.com)
- Jessica Alba Gives Her Maxi the Cool-Girl Denim Treatment (fabsugar.com)
- Summer neutrals (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)