This week’s “Inspiration Monday” challenge is coming to y’all a day early via Olivia Palermo.
When? Sept. 22, 2012
What for? A ride on the newly expanded Portland Streetcar (code word: sardines) and lunch at the VegFest. While I love Olivia Palermo’s style — her site is included on my Blog Love list — this admittedly isn’t my favorite look of hers. And I don’t have yellow pants. But I thought about what Olivia’s look inspired in me, eventually focusing on layering and unexpected color combos. Olivia combined two bold colors, a jewel-tone green and saffron yellow, anchored by a grey neutral. My neutrals were the olive green of the vest (plus your basic denim), and I brought out a bright blue with the top and a berry color with the flats.
Walking on the way home from the streetcar, I also couldn’t resist a quick photo against this bright yellow wall as a fun nod to Olivia’s yellow pants.
- Jeans: Gap, curvy style, Fall 2011
- Camp shirt: Old Navy, free with gift card this past spring
- Cargo vest: Old Navy, new! and free because of gift card
- Flats: Payless, this past spring
- Belt: My husband’s
- Gold hoops: Birthday gift from my mother-in-law
- Fit of the Week (FOW) (tylatimes.wordpress.com)
- Celeb Style: Olivia Palermo (fabsugar.com)
- Olivia Palermo’s 35 Best Dress Moments (fabsugar.com)
- Olivia Palermo Inspires the Perfect Last-Minute Memorial Day Look (fabsugar.com)
- Olivia Palermo – Olivia Palermo Was A Tomboy (contactmusic.com)
- Best Dressed Fashion Week: Olivia Palermo (thesubtlestatement.com)