When? Sept. 24, 2012
What for? First day of fall term! Can I hear a holla?! First day hitting the ground running, but it felt like the good kind of busy. But you do NOT want to see my to-do list. Luckily, this blog chronicles my daily style journey, not my daily work life.
So onto the important stuff! This is the pairing I chose for the first official start of school (you can see my Polyvore boards in this post). The trousers and layers were comfy, with the bits of denim of the shirt and wedges (first seen here) providing a casual edge. And I was on my feet a LOT, and these wedges passed through with flying colors. Soooo comfy. And the peep-toe detail allowed my freshly painted toenails to peek through.
And what about this new oxblood color! I know this color is really trendy right now, so that’s why I went with the nail polish to first try it out. And I am in love, y’all. ♥ This deep wine color — whatever you call it, oxblood, burgundy, cabernet, etc. — totally suits my coloring. Anything to make my paleness look purposeful, right? Whenever I was typing or pointing something out on a map today (it’s the first day, students need help finding their way around), seeing this divine color on my fingers gave me a shot of happy all day long.
- Trousers: The Limited, last fall
- Chambray shirt: Old Navy, this summer
- Striped sweater: Old Navy, this summer
- Tote bag: Kmart?, years ago
- Peep-toe wedges: Payless, this summer
- Hoop earrings: Birthday gift from my in-laws
- Trench coat: Jason Wu for Target, last spring
- Nail color: Elle, “Curtain Call”
My mom’s?My grandmother’s?
- Do You Match Your Nail and Toenail Polish? (bellasugar.com)
- Fall Fashion: Oxblood – All the Rage (sundaysandscarves.wordpress.com)
- Back to School Fashion: Top 5 Color Trends for Fall 2012 (collegefashion.net)
- Oxblood (prettyshinysparkly.com)