When? September 25, 2012
What for? This was actually my *first* choice for my first-day-of-term outfit (shhh, don’t tell my outfit from yesterday, it was a close second!). However, this cabernet-colored skirt I had ordered from LOFT didn’t arrive until the end of my first “real” day at work — but it made for a wonderful surprise! After spying this package resting outside our door upon arriving home, I literally hopped and skipped down the hallway. And the fact that I got this skirt majorly on sale makes it all the sweeter.
I ♥ ♥ ♥ this skirt, and it felt really good to receive a few compliments today, including, “You look so librarian-y!” That’s a compliment I will take any day!
I’m also participating today in Marionberry Style’s “Trend of the Month” challenge, with animal prints as this month’s theme. This coat packs a lot of animal print into its lining… such a sweet, subtle detail that helps keep me warm (inside and out).
- Pencil skirt: LOFT, new and on sale
- T-shirt with attached scarf: Jason Wu for Target, last winter
- Peep-toe wedges: Franco Sarto, bought on a tax-free sales weekend 5+ years ago
- Cardigan: Nordstrom Rack, last winter
- Coat: Marks & Spencer, bought in Abu Dhabi, 2009
- How to Rock Your Pencil Skirt featuring the Target Merona Fall Collection (wikifashionista.com)
- Vintage statement pieces (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- DIY Pencil Skirt (thedefinitionofvogue.wordpress.com)
- The Pencil Skirt Paradox (ipreferheels.com)
- How to Wear a Black Pencil Skirt From Day to Night! (fabsugar.com)
- The Pencil Skirt Has Come a Long Way – Here’s How to Wear It Right Now (fabsugar.com)