When? Oct. 1, 2012
What for? Another busy day at the library filled with teaching and meetings. For today’s “Inspiration Monday” challenge, I focused on pairing a full skirt and a button-down, along with a statement necklace. From a distance, this skirt doesn’t look like it has much texture, but up close, you can see it’s a lovely brownish tweed with lots of autumn tones threaded throughout (see above). Also, this necklace — which is originally silver but has developed a bronze-y patina — comes out more silvery against this grey chambray shirt.
All in all, a serviceable “professional”-looking outfit for me, but honestly, I didn’t feel all that inspired. Thank goodness I added that navy belt at the last minute — it really makes a difference now that I’m looking at the photos. (Also, I added lapis lazuli studs, to play off the navy, but you can’t really see that in the pics.) Maybe it’s the subdued color tones of the outfit, or maybe it’s just because I’m trying to find my balance at work — I think I should wear brighter colors at the beginning of the week just to cheer myself up!
- Tweed skirt: LOFT, years ago
- Chambray shirt: Old Navy, this summer
- Navy belt: Kohls, spring shopping details here
- Bronze flats: Kmart, eons ago
- Necklace: My paternal grandmother’s
- Inspiration Monday: A little bit ’80s (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Another day, another pencil skirt (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Inspiration Monday: Olive, I love you (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)