When? Oct. 7, 2012
What for? A late-morning movie outing (don’t you just love those?), a date with my sweetie that was just right for the relaxed vibe of this Rachel Bilson-inspired outfit. I stuck with the basic color palette of blues and greys, but switched things around a bit. I picked up this tweedy jacket/blazer (what do you call this thing? should I combine the two words and just call it a jazer?) years ago, and its unstructured construction always looks better — and less bulky — cinched with a belt. I still go back and forth on whether or not I should keep this jazer (oh yes, this word is happening!) around, but ultimately, it does fill a much-needed hole in my wardrobe for when the weather is in that in-between seasons stage.
The hair was equally relaxed — I swooped it up in a not-so-neat ponytail, pulled the ends around into a loose bun, and finished it off with a few small bobby pins. Easy, easy.
- Jazer: JCPenney, a decade or so ago
- Light sweater: Walmart??? had too long to remember
- Skinny belt: Kohls, spring shopping details here
- Jeans: Gap, long ‘n’ lean style in tall
- Grey flats: DKNY via Macy’s, last fall
- Celebrity Style: Rachel Bilson (fabsugar.com)
- Rachel Bilson’s Style Crushes: Ashley Olsen, Diane Kruger & Minnie Mouse (stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com)
- Pattern-mixing stripes (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)