When? October 8, 2012
What for? An early morning class at the library, which meant leaving before the sun came up. This made for a spectacular drive to work, driving into the sunrise that backlit Mount Hood. But for early-morning photos, not so great due to the necessary flash. (Also annoying me is that bit of white tank top photo-bombing the pics, and the fact that I forgot to put on lipstick.)
But what makes me happy about this outfit? The color combo of navy + burgundy/maroon/berry/oxblood/whatever you call it. And this oh-so-comfortable pencil skirt (which I also waxed rhapsodic about last week in this post). There’s just something about a pencil skirt that immediately elevates even the simplest of outfits. And this is definitely a simple outfit.
P.S. I also wore my navy blue trench coat and carried my burgundy tote bag (both seen here), but I didn’t think to get corresponding photos. It was early. You’ll just have to imagine the color-coordination-to-the-max.
- Pencil skirt: LOFT, new and on sale
- Navy top: Gap, yeeeeeears ago
- Skinny belt: Kohls, spring shopping details here
- Flats: Payless, last spring
- Pearl drop earrings: Made by a friend in Abu Dhabi
- Another day, another pencil skirt (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Pencil skirts and peep-toes (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Leopard Print Tee + Leather Peplum Belt + Leather Pencil Skirt (stylepantry.com)
- One Piece, Four Looks: Glamour’s Fashion Bloggers Take On Tibi’s PVC Pencil Skirt (glamour.com)
- Navy, Navy, Navy, Navy (brokeandbeautiful.com)
- The Pencil Skirt Has Come a Long Way – Here’s How to Wear It Right Now (fabsugar.com)