When? October 10, 2012
What for? Typical workday at the library, which included teaching, hence the flats. With me getting into work early all week, and my husband teaching night classes a couple of nights a week, it’s been challenging trying to figure out our work schedules (and fitting in daily photos). Thank you, sweetie, for being my personal cameraman… it’s sooooo appreciated. ♥
And today, you get an early-morning shot of me against our living room bookshelves. We live in a vintage building, so the lighting in our small apartment is, shall we say, not so great for photographs. So lots of flash and shadows, sorry.
On the plus side, woo-hoo for cats! I am a cat lady, both personally (with two lovely cats adopted back in 2002) and sartorially, with this adorable cat-print dress. I picked this dress up overseas a few years ago, and it actually comes with the light tan belt seen here. I don’t usually wear the dress with its accompanying belt, but I do like that this dress looks good with either brown or black accessories. It’s a very fall-appropriate color palette — and a fun choice to pay homage to upcoming Halloween!
- Cat-print dress: Mango, Abu Dhabi, 2010
- Flats: Payless, last spring
- Belt: My husband’s
- Cardigan: Target, this past summer
- Fashion student gets claws into cat collection (mynewsfix.com)
- 13 Cats That Refused To Get Dressed Up For Halloween (thefrisky.com)
- Must-Have Monday: Kitty Cats! (lostinthehaze.com)