When? October 15, 2012
What for? More early-morning-before-the-sun-comes-up shots — I cannot wait for daylight savings time! Today’s outfit started with the shoes, as I knew I would be teaching and on my feet a lot, and today’s weather forecast said rain all day. So these rubber-soled ankle boots fit the bill, and I built up from there. The top half — an orange gingham shirt with a red cardigan — can also be seen in this post, with different trousers and accessories. Combining a bit of red with the orange and black also kept the outfit in the spirit of the fall season, but not overly Halloween-y. I hope.
And I took a cue from yesterday’s look, as well, rolling my wet hair into another Gibson tuck.
- Orange gingham shirt: Old Navy, last spring (for free, check shopping details here)
- Red cardigan: Target, this summer
- Black trousers: Maurices???, years ago in Wisconsin
- Black ankle boots: Hush Puppies via a discount shoe store in Abu Dhabi, 2009
- Tan peacoat: Bealls, years ago in Texas
- Red gloves: So basic I don’t remember
- Jet beaded necklace: Art and vintage fair in Chicago, 2007 trip