When? October 18, 2012
What for? For another more casual day at work, prepping stats, reports, and teaching materials. My to-do list is still scary long, although it feels good to be crossing (some) things off that list.
I really liked this print for this week’s SIA challenge — so bold yet so serene — and I felt good in this mix of layers and colors. I’ve got five colors going on in this outfit (red, white, black, grey, and chambray), but four of those five colors could be considered neutrals, thus allowing the red to take center stage. I picked my striped red sweater — versus my red cardigan, which I also thought about — because the stripes echoed the lateral clouds in the print. This print also made me think of Mt. Hood, which is near where I live and work (it’s such a treat to see Mt. Hood on the way to work!), and red and black are my school colors. Synergy, y’all.
Update: Check out all the other Red Fugi-inspired outfits over here at 14 Shades of Grey!
- Jeans: Target, last spring
- Striped sweater: Old Navy, this summer
- Chambray shirt: Target, this summer
- Grey flats: DKNY via Macy’s, last fall
- White-and-silver scarf: Origem?, Abu Dhabi, 2010
- Pearl drop earrings: Bridesmaid gift, over a decade ago
- Stripes ahoy (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- We’ve only just begun (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Mt. Hood gets its first snowfall of the season (kgw.com)
- Polkadot Chambray and Red Details (apairofshoesforeveryday.wordpress.com)
- Look of the Day: Chambray After Dark (fabsugar.com)
- Ode to Stripes: A Girl’s Love for a Timeless Print (j9styleblog.com)