Here’s another take from the Inspiration Monday challenge from the Two Birds blog, this time a work version. You can check out my casual version here.
When? Oct. 22, 2012
What for? Whew, another whirlwind start to the week. This outfit felt like it translated much better in person than it does in these pics. This outfit was more abstract in its inspiration, but essentially, I focused on combining a striking pattern (this time, with this slightly asymmetrical striped skirt that I picked up this past weekend at a fashion swap) with a base of dark, neutral colors, topped off with dark red accents. Only problem is, these colors look way more saturated in these pics than in real life, but I just couldn’t adjust the pictures well enough to reflect this. The navy of this top — also from the fashion swap party! — is way darker in real life, and the scarf is much more rust-colored in tone. Oh well, c’est la vie!
Also, this is the first time this fall season that I’ve brought out the tights — definitely a good call as we gear up for chilly, rain-soaked days.
- Striped skirt: United Colors of Benetton, free at a fashion swap
- Ribbon top: Free at a fashion swap
- Cardigan: Target, summer
- Scarf: Free at a fashion swap
- Tights: American Apparel, last spring
- Boots: Nordstrom, a few years ago in Madison, WI — on sale!
- Inspiration Monday: Not-so-basic black (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Look We’re Loving: Modern Tribal Prints (fabsugar.com)
- Inspiration Monday: Relaxed layers (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Which Zoo Keeper Actress Looks Most Fab: Rosario Dawson or Leslie Bibb? (fabsugar.com)