The tricks: No full outfit post today, and I did not dress up for Halloween (boo!) due to a crazy schedule today of teaching (4 hours straight!) and important meetings.
The treats: My classes went great (seriously great feedback, woo-hoo)! And a colleague had asked me to wear my cat-print dress again today, so I happily obliged, and to be a bit more festive, I added my jack-o-lantern earrings.
I did my hair in one of my usual go-to styles, twisting a couple of pieces around (online hair tutorial) on one side and then pulling it back into a ponytail. It’s interesting that when I get compliments on this hairdo, people tend to say something akin to, “I like your French braid!” But this style is so much easier than a French braid, which requires three strands of hair — this twisted look only requires two strands. Sooooo easy to do, especially on wet hair!
When? October 31, 2012
What for? A busy Halloween-y work day!
- Cat dress: Mango, Abu Dhabi, 2010?
- Earrings: Gift from my mom years ago
- 5 Steps to Jessica Alba’s Hybrid Ponytail Braid (bellasugar.com)
- Halloween Hair Ideas from The Cricket Company (stylepoohbahs.com)
- How to Style a Classic French Braid (abeautifulmess.typepad.com)
- How to Style a Reverse Crown Braid (abeautifulmess.typepad.com)
- Halloween weekend and what I wore! (luvlyladyk.wordpress.com)