When? December 6, 2012
What for? This is an outfit that I’ve worn slight variations of for years, but I think it’s the first time featured on this blog. I got this tie obi belt at a Chicago art fair years ago — and since made a couple more of my own, as seen here — and really like to pair it with this seamed and structured denim jacket. And these wide-leg trousers are some of the most comfortable items of clothing I own. This is one of those go-to outfits I don’t have to think too much about — perfect for a morning that included 5 alarm-clock snoozes.
And the hairstyle took less than three minutes! I scraped my hair back in a high ponytail, back-combed it for body (and grip), and then swooped it around the base to pin a loose bun. When I described it to the hubby, his deadpan reaction was: “You got that idea from another style blog, didn’t you?” Yep.
- Denim jacket: Kohls, old
- Trousers: Gap, old
- Flats: DKNY via Macy’s, last fall
- Tie obi belt: Chicago art fair, 2007
- Silver hoop earrings: Birthday gift from the hubby
- Striped tank top: Old Navy, this past summer
- Look of the Day: Denim on Denim (fabsugar.com)
- Hilary Duff in Rag & Bone Leather Sleeve Denim Jacket (denimblog.com)
- CopyCats casual (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- 10 (New) Ways to Wear Your Denim Jacket (fabsugar.com)
- Look of the Day: Layering It On (fabsugar.com)