When? December 11, 2012
What for? Work, work, work, work, during a week that I keep skipping a day forward mentally. All day today (Tuesday), I kept thinking it was Wednesday. It’s time for a break, y’all.
Opening up the newest issue of InStyle (I have been there from the beginning of InStyle, from the very first issue with Barbra Streisand on the cover!), I immediately was drawn to some of the pieces from the new “Miss Wu” line from designer Jason Wu. Not that I can afford anything from that line, but the first featured outfit reminded me of some pieces I could easily recreate with my current wardrobe.
The lacy texture of the top I recreated with my textured tights, and I used one of the tricks from my post yesterday, turning my black cardigan into a sweater by buttoning it (almost) all the way up. I had picked up this lightweight cotton skirt at the fall fashion swap I attended earlier this fall, and although not the same shape as the inspiration skirt, the pattern was what made me think about this combo in the first place. And because it’s chilly outside, I warmed up my legs with my tall boots — which actually kind of echo the ’60s style influence of Marianne Faithfull, who was the one who inspired these designs from Jason Wu! So meta.
- Cardigan: Target, last summer
- Textured tights: Target? don’t remember
- Cotton skirt: Fall fashion swap
- Tall boots: Rampage via Nordstrom’s, years ago
- Black pearl and silver hoop earrings: Gift from my husband, 2010
- Center stage stripes (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Link Time: Inside Jennifer Lopez’s September InStyle issue (fabsugar.com)
- M&J Gift Wrap in InStyle! (mjtrim.com)
- Amanda Seyfried is pastel perfect in Chanel for InStyle US January (myfashionlife.com)
- Inspiration Monday: Blazers and book bags (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)