Today was a double-snooze, double-coffee kind of day. Uninspiring, cold, tiring. You’re feeling pretty great at stopping by this cheery blog today, eh?
But on a day like today when I just.did.not.want.to.get.up, that’s when a closet full of go-to favorites and basics work with you and for you. Favorite sweater with an argyle print that makes me feel preppy and collegiate (perfect for where I work, at a college library) — check. Brown ankle boots that I’ve had for over 15 years that are broken in just right and sooooo comfortable — check. Basic blazer that helps make everything work-appropriate — check! Whew. Done and done. And that did bring a smile to my tired face.
Details: Argyle sweater: Smart Set, PEI, old / Blazer: JCPenney?, old / Jeans: Gap, long ‘n’ lean tall, old / Ankle boots: Some fashion outlet in Texas, old / Pearl earrings: Bridesmaid gift, old
Sam called out halfway through our quickie photo shoot, “Smile like you mean it!” Yes, dear.
- 5 Must-Have Items to Update Your Wardrobe for 2013 (collegefashion.net)
- Inspiration Monday: Leona Lewis (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Purple + black + silver (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Pattern-mixing animal print and stripes (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Preppy style that lasts for years (savemoney247.co.uk)
- Stylishly Preppy (lipstickcoveredlace.wordpress.com)