To participate in the latest “Style Me Friday” challenge at The Fashionista Next Door — this week’s challenge is maxi skirts — I was inspired to turn one of my maxi dresses into a maxi skirt! I was drawn particularly to Atlantic-Pacific’s purple maxi skirt + denim jacket look, as seen here and here in upper right of this collage, so I layered one of my own denim jackets over my new berry-colored maxi dress.
For a bit more interest, I added a multi-strand, coral-colored necklace, as well as a striped tote bag, both of which my mom gifted to me this past year. Thanks, Mom! I kind of love the combo of all the different berry and pink shades.
Details: Maxi dress: Old Navy, gift-carded this summer / Denim jacket: Kohl’s, old / Pewter sandals: Target, this spring / Coral beaded necklace & striped tote bag: Gifted from my mom / Vintage sunglasses: My mom’s, updated with my prescription this spring
And here are two other ways I’ve worn this maxi dress:
Link ups: Style Me Friday / Three-fer Thursdays / Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday / Friday Favorites Remix / Casual Fridays / Friday’s Fab Favorites / Simple Easy Style / Favorite Fashion Friday / Pinned and Did It Link Party / Monday Bloom
- Maxi Dress Mania (theprincessandtheblogg.wordpress.com)
- Why the maxi has become a summer failsafe (frugallivingadvice.com)
- Maxi Dresses and Skirts (fashionurbia.com)
- Mint Chiffon Maxi Skirt (offsquare.wordpress.com)
- DIY Maxis! (bohopretty.wordpress.com)
- How I Styled My Printed Maxi Skirt. (charisse-couture.net)
- Maxi Skirts (vaseve13.wordpress.com)
- Class to Night Out: Abstract Maxi Skirt (collegefashion.net)