Today’s look was inspired by Marionberry Style’s Trend of the Month Link-up, with this month’s challenge being the color yellow.
In all honesty, I’ve never warmed toward the color yellow because it’s never felt like the best color for my pale skin tone. However, I love how this top sets off its pops of yellow with cool grey, white, and black tones. I was originally going to pair this peplum top with a tan pencil skirt, but for some reason, this morning I woke up with the idea to set up off the yellow with a plummy maroon instead, with the skirt and the skinny belt. Looking at the pics, I think it was a good choice.
I’ve discovered a new trick of securing my skinny belts with a small hair elastic, as seen above. And I spent my Sunday night with my new awl, punching in a couple of extra holes on all of my skinny belts. Good times.
Details: Peplum top: JCPenney, gift-carded last month / Pencil skirt: LOFT, last fall / Black cardigan: Target, last summer / Flats: Payless, last summer / Skinny belt: Fall fashion swap / Silver circle earrings: Lia Sophia, gift from my husband, old / Tan-and-black tote: Payless, new
Link ups: Trend of the Month Link-up / WIWW / Wardrobe Wednesday / Whatever Works Wednesday / Dress for the Day / I Feel Pretty Linkup / Trending Pretty Wednesday / What I Wore to Work / Third Thursday Threads
- Fashion Monday: JCrew Telegraph Pencil Skirt (thebrooklynwoman.wordpress.com)
- Style Strategy: Can I Wear Peplum to Work? (forbes.com)
- The One Hundred: 65 Pencil Skirt (inaworldofbees.com)
- Peplum: I Wish I Could Quit You (desperatelyseekingsparkle.com)
- Black and White All Over (walkinginprettyshoes.com)
- Class to Night Out: Printed Pencil Skirt (collegefashion.net)
- Pop of Neon (baublestobubbles.com)
- Fashion Friday: LBD – Office Edition (rubysnpurls.wordpress.com)
- Adding a little sunshine into my closet (librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com)