Happy weekend, y’all! Earlier this week (you might notice my outfit from this earlier post), I switched over my wardrobe from winter to summer, so I thought I’d share some of the fun with you. I packed up all my sweaters and heavier dresses and unpacked all my summer skirts and tunics, and reorganized things a bit. We have pretty deep closets for a vintage building like ours (it was built in the late 1920s), and having 3 deep closets in a tiny 1-bedroom place is pretty awesome. But it’s still a small space to have to share.
So what part of the closet is mine? (It helps if you first picture yourself standing at the door of our closet.)
- Half of the hanging rod on the left side of the closet
- One of the hanging shelves/drawers in the middle of the closet (mine’s on the right side)
- The top shelf on the right side of the closet (below the suitcases)
- One half of the shelf below that — but really 1/3, because my husband’s stuff is encroaching on my half!
- One half of the bins on the bottom right
Plus, I also have a dresser, and I’ve taken over the bottom two drawers of my husband’s dresser. And there are bins under the bed for sentimental items of clothing we want to keep (varsity jackets and the like). Every square inch of space in our tiny-but-oh-so-pretty apartment is put to good use!
Do you switch out your wardrobe each season? How did your spring cleaning go? Please leave a comment and say hi! :)
- Get Your Closet Organized For 2012, Here’s How! (fabsugar.com)
- The Honeymoon’s Over: How To Organize Your New Couple’s Closet (fabsugar.com)
- What’s Lurking Behind Your Closet Door? (thefolia.com)
- Closet Addict (mobigasmic.blogspot.com)